Throughout his upbringing, Dan had many unique experiences and mentors which helped him decide on his first career as an entrepreneur, concentrating on corporate advertising and television hosting. Dan has worn many different hats with a vast range from teaching new pilots how to fly to consulting for the Arizona State Board of Education about changing policy and standards, security consulting for different agencies, public speaking, and more.
With family support Dan worked on a litany of projects before starting his career, some of which led to becoming a published poet at age 11, accepted to compete in a Honeywell science innovation competition with his invention “Bird-B-Gone", and shortly after, the youngest filmmaker to compete in the first Peoria Film Festival, with three films accepted in 2008.
During his career with many diverse experiences, Dan has had the pleasure of working with many well known figures like Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray, Emmy Award Winning Actor Bill Oberst Jr., Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, and more as well as many dignitaries. In his free time Dan has volunteered at the Arizona Animal Welfare League and SPCA no-kill animal shelter, and works with animal rescues around the country on animal behavior training, rescuing, and animal rehabilitation. Dan routinely speaks to audiences of young minds between the ages of 11-18 years old and is involved as a mentor with STEM based education groups such as the Chief Science Officers (Scottsdale, AZ).
Dan has survived a lightning strike, is conversational in German, and has had the opportunity to support many worthwhile causes. After his formal education Dan had served on the Board of Directors for AC4GC, a non-profit corporation located in Phoenix, Arizona devoted to preserving and promoting Germanic cultures, as well Due to Dan’s experience of being struck by lightning and subsequent weight gain, he decided to become a nationally certified personal trainer, which he did in the year 2017, and serve as a Director on the BoD for the New Life Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation which provides support and educational services for organ and tissue transplant donors and recipients.
Choose from the selection below to see a more detailed history.
- Dan currently is a Certified Flight Instructor and Commercial Pilot (FAA, SEL/MEL/IRA). The majority of his training was done in the Phoenix, AZ area, however to finish his commercial SE/ME and CFI checkrides he moved to Kansas City, MO to expedite the process and work on an accelerated timeline. Dan had the privilege of working with some truly excellent aviators such as his multi-engine instructor, Bill Hays, who used to be a charter pilot for President Barack Obama in his days as a Senator.
- Mountain Girl Rescue, a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Flagstaff, AZ offered for Dan to become a Director on the Board of Directors. Dan gladly accepted the Director position along with a role as the rescue's Business Development Executive.
- Dan’s company Weecks Productions, LLC currently provides broadcasting services producing graduation and live event videos at Cardinal’s State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ for multiple agencies. Weecks Productions, LLC is based in the Phoenix area and is authorized by the FAA for aerial sUAS use and production services.
- Dan is a volunteer for the American Red Cross as a Public Information Officer and first responder, both of which frequently require him to head directly into disaster areas to assist in recovery efforts and in some cases, has required providing immediate medical or other emergency care. Part of these roles is assisting with community events like preventative fire alarm installations, blood drives, and educational events.
During his flight training, Dan became the Digital Marketing Strategist for Westwind Air Service, the premiere charter airline which provides Grand Canyon sightseeing and tour packages using their fleet of fixed wing aircraft.
On a whim in 2017 Dan had become a nationally certified personal trainer to further his own fitness journey. This led him to being cast and competing on American Ninja Warrior (NBC) during the Jurrasic World Night episode. The episode was S10E02 with Chris Pratt & Bryce Dallas Howard, and aired on June 6, 2018. One of Dan’s published books is “Bodybuilding Anywhere”, available now on Amazon, in which there are behind-the-scenes pictures and ninja training tips and tricks. Through his ninja training, competitions, and involvement with the ninja community Dan has become friends with some of the greatest athletes in the world like Olympic freestyle skier (2018) Elizabeth Swaney, Brian Rambo (ANW), Adam Rayl (ANW), and more.
For approximately 3 years Dan was the Co-Chair of the Arizona Skills USA video production competition, part of a nationwide competition giving high school students the unique opportunity to showcase their acquired knowledge and skills for video production, through a variety of projects in different categories. This program runs the duration of the school year in some aspects and presents state finalists with the chance to compete on a national scale during a 2 day state wide summit.
In Early 2018 Dan was recommended as a consultant and subsequently became the only non-governmental business person to consult for the Arizona Department of Education on its new Technical Standards Validation Committee. The committee was looking to validate, review and revise the technical standards for Arizona’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) Film and TV Production programs and was very successful in validating, combining, adding, deleting, and refining the existing technical standards for the state Film and TV Production programs, which will result in an industry standardized learning environment for high-school students all across the State of Arizona.
In 2014 Dan conceptualized and became the Executive Producer and Co-Host of the Talk Around Town TV talk-show which was sponsored by Best Buy, and in its prime distributed online in over 150 countries with occasional network TV airing in the United States.
His next show concept, Puppy Pilots, was created in the year 2017 and has since garnered an international viewership. Puppy Pilots (www.PuppyPilotShow.com) has partnered with media conglomerates like The Dodo, Fox News, CNN, and most recently was featured on the Japanese Prime-Time TV show “Amazing Stories" (October 2019).
After being involved with the NTIA proceedings on UAV (drone) best practices, Dan received his sUAS operator license from the FAA in 2016, and was the second person in the country to do so (due to a time difference).
Dan had served on the Board of Directors for AC4GC (Arizona Center for Germanic Cultures), a non-profit corporation located in Phoenix, Arizona, for just a few months in 2014 when he proposed starting an international film festival, known as the Zeitgeist (Medien Fest) International Film Festival. His work as a Director of the Board was devoted to preserving and promoting Germanic culture in Arizona and as a Film Festival Director traveled to multiple Germanic countries to lecture in universities, high schools, and community events to drum up submissions, as well as coordinate and run the annual festival.
Concurrently with his BoD position at AC4GC, Dan was offered a position as a Director on the Board of the New Life Society to serve next to retired Arizona State Senator Leo Corbett and some other very influential business people. NLS (now the Transplant Community Alliance) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation which provides support and educational services for organ and tissue transplant donors and recipients. Through partnerships with the Donor Network of Arizona, local hospitals, and other groups the New Life Society was able to effectively fundraise through license plate and private donations and provide many life altering workshops and support avenues for organ transplant recipients and donor families.
During this time Dan was moonlighting as an artist Manager and worked with musicians, Olympic Gold Medalists Misty Hyman (2000) and Henry Cejudo (2008), hypnotists, a magician, and was invited to visit Jay Leno’s Tonight Show. His work with Weecks Productions, LLC and as a consultant led him to work with Secretary of the Air Force and Retired United States Ambassador Barbara Barrett, the late Senator John McCain, Justices Sandra Day O’Connor and Ruth McGregor, and many more.
- Dan was a repeat recipient of the Bergamo Scholarship (in honor of broadcasting legend Ron Bergamo) as well as multiple Maricopa Community College Honor scholarships for his academic achievements before he received an Associates of Applied Science Degree in Motion Picture/Television Production, and a Certificate of Specialization in Film Production at Scottsdale Community College. Dan is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management through the Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ.