Want the freedom of flight? Book now.
Dan Weecks is an FAA certified Commercial Pilot (ASEL/AMEL) and a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI/CFI-I). He is committed to providing the greatest value to students by continually furthering his knowledge, professional development, and keeping current with new technology and teaching methods.
Professional Associations and Recognitions
Getting Started with Flight Training
Congratulations on deciding to fly, and thank you for visiting my website! Tasting the freedom of flight is truly a life-altering experience. If you’ve never sat in the cockpit during a flight, the first step is to book a discovery flight with me so you can see what it’s like and actually fly the airplane yourself! Yes, it’s legal… and actually encouraged. Since I’m a Certified Flight Instructor through the Federal Aviation Administration, I can not only let you control the aircraft and fly around, but you can begin your own pilot logbook with my endorsement for your discovery flight! Whether you’re planning on starting a career in aviation or just looking for a fun treat, a discovery flight is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you’ll love.
Typical Rating Order (for someone planning on becoming an airline pilot or doing other commercial flying)
A “rating” is a new pilot certificate or “add-on” allowing you more or different permissions at each step of your pilot training. This is typical and what made the most financial sense for me during my training with the time and funds I had available. Everyone’s path is different and unique, and there’s no wrong path… just potentially more expensive and longer ways to get to the same goal.
- Private Pilot certificate (now you can fly the airplane type you did your training in, just not for money)
- Instrument rating (now you can fly in the clouds)
- Commercial Single Engine (this lets you fly for money with one engine planes)
- Commercial multi-engine add-on (this let’s you fly for money with two or more engines)
- Congratulations… you can now *theoretically* make money! If you can’t find a company to hire you because of time requirements for insurance, pass Go and collect… Commercial Multi add-on (or single… whichever you didn’t do in step 3)
- CFI (certified flight instructor)
- CFI-I (instrument instructor)
- MEI (multi-engine instructor)
- ATP (airline transport pilot)
- *Type ratings for the specific aircraft you’re going to fly over 12,500 lbs max gross weight or turbofan.
- Discovery Flight (approximately an hour long flight where you get to fly the airplane! Perfect for people who have never flown and want to check something off your bucket list, or if you’re considering a career change)
- Private Pilot training (from never having been in a cockpit to becoming an FAA certified Private Pilot)
- Instrument Rating training (add-on rating to fly IFR)
- IPC (Instrument Proficiency Check)
- Commercial Pilot training (Ground & Flight Training)
- CFI training (ground school and some flight training — contact me for details)
- High Performance Endorsement
- Complex Endorsement
- Glass Panel/TAA Training
- Safety Workshops & Advanced Scenario Training
- Flight Reviews
- Drones (sUAS Ground and Flight Training)
- Public Speaking about aviation and becoming a pilot
- Physically-Distanced Ground School sessions
- High Performance Endorsement (ASEL)
- Complex Endorsement (ASEL)